The second ‘What’s Happening in Black British History?‘ workshop (WHBBH2) took place on 9 February 2015 in the Leggate Theatre, University of Liverpool.
- Call for Papers
- Call for Papers Poster
- Registration Poster
- Workshop Agenda
- Workshop Agenda with Abstracts
WHBBH2 Audio Recordings:
- An introduction to the WHBBH series from Professor Philip Murphy.
- Dr Ray Costello’s Keynote Address.
- Jeffrey Green on ‘Local History: Two Liverpool Families‘
- Madeline Heneghan on ‘Black Seafarers, Servicemen and Workers and the Struggle to Survive‘
- Gary Shaw on ‘The Rise and Role of the Colour Bar in British Boxing 1909-1947‘
- Shaun Wallace on ‘Visual Representations of Significant Post-World War Two African Diasporan Artists‘
- Norma Gregory on ‘Early Black British Narratives: Their Significance and Legacy‘
- Arthur Torrington on ‘How Africans in the Caribbean Hastened Emancipation Day‘
The event concluded with a Roundtable Discussion featuring Dr Richard Huzzey, Dr Ray Costello, Professor Alan Rice, Dr Miranda Kaufmann, Michael Ohajuru, and Elizabeth Burke. See below for the audio:
Photos from the Day: